Good afternoon O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary families!
We have been busily working to prepare for our remote learning launch on Monday, November 23rd. I have honestly cleared my calendar this week so that I could spend as much time as possible with your children. We will miss them…and we know that they will miss us as well. Here are a few updates for you:
- We hosted our November Virtual PTA meeting on Monday…thank you to everyone who joined us to connect about future planning for O’Dea and coming together as a parent group. Attached here is the November PTA newsletter:
All school PTA newsletter for November
- We are still planning on hosting our holiday Talent Show…Virtual style! Please consider filming an act for/with your child to enter into our Talent Show…we will be selecting acts and then creating a 2020 Talent Show film to show at our Virtual Holiday celebrations before we leave for December break. We know that we are all spending waaaay too much time at home…so this is the time to get super creative…if there is a year to do it…this is it! Here is the flyer with more information:2020 talent show.docx
- On a holiday note…we are also hosting our Annual Holiday Giving Tree to support our families in need over the holiday season. It has been a very unique and challenging year for many families so any assistance that we can offer along the way…is greatly appreciated. Please see the attached note here if you can assist. 2020 Giving Tree.docx
- On a very sad note…we lost a member of our school family last week…Mrs. Sue Lanham (OT) passed on after fighting cancer last year. Our school community is heartbroken, and we are carrying her…and her family in our hearts. Many staff members will be attending a service in her memory on Friday to pay our respects and to leave a little love there for her family.
- Our schedule for remote instruction is attached here as well. Please be sure to check it out…hang it on the fridge and let us know if there are any questions. Master Schedule.xlsx
- Please note that logging and participating in remote instruction is required by the district. Attendance is taken and monitored at the district level. If you need support getting your students online…please reach out and let us know.
- We are currently planning on hosting a materials pick up and drop off day on Friday, December 11th.
- Announcement videos will be made for Mondays…Wednesdays…and Fridays starting on Monday, November 30th.
Please also keep an eye out for a little Love Bucket coming home on Wednesday or Thursday this week. It is our way of sending our students off with a little bucket of positivity…hope…and love. Please feel free to place it on your child’s workstation at home…and add little notes to it as well. I will be adding some into our morning announcements to keep our school community together and growing.
Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.
As always…so much love and support,