Happy Summer O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary Families! It feels good to be back in the saddle this month…and to be preparing for the upcoming school year. I have had a lovely summer of family…friends…camping…paddle boarding…and motorcycle trips up the west coast. It has filled me up…and given me many moments of pause…thankfulness…and peace. It has been a good balance of quiet and adventure and I am feeling ready to welcome back our 450+ little heart beats.
I have started receiving a few emails about our reopening plans for next year…so I thought I would share some site-specific information and resend the information that the district has emailed out to families to ensure that everyone has received it. I am attaching it here:
Although all PSD protocols are not yet finalized, we can now share the following:
- PSD is strongly encouraging but not requiring staff or students to get COVID-19 vaccines. Those who are fully vaccinated (14 days from their last dose) will not be quarantined if exposed.
- PSD is a mask-friendly district. Masks are highly recommended and supported for people who are unvaccinated, following Colorado’s current public health order. PSD supports those who choose to wear masks. Depending on outbreaks or other high-risk activities, masks may be required indoors.
- Masks are required for all individuals on buses under federal order.
- We will continue hand washing and frequent cleaning.
- Individuals are encouraged to remain at least 3 feet away from non-household contacts when possible.
- Continue to self-monitor; anyone experiencing symptoms should stay home. PSD will follow CDPHE’s updated Return to Learn guidance.
- When outbreaks occur, PSD will work with LCDHE to determine the appropriate response. This could include masks indoors, additional distancing, testing, contact tracing and quarantining.
- PSD encourages use of outdoor spaces and ventilation, such as opening windows and use of box fans.
Those interested in a 100% online or hybrid option for the year may consider attending Poudre Global Academy. The School Choice application period closes at noon Aug. 12.
We will post the latest COVID-19 information on the PSD website. On the top of the home page, click or tap the yellow “COVID” button to see the data dashboards, Health and Safety, PSD Protocols for COVID-19 and other helpful resources.
Thank you for your continued partnership.
Some site-specific information about O’Dea is here:
- We will be hosting a Back-to-School Night Gathering on Thursday, August 12th before school starts. It is our goal to get our students and families back into our building to connect with their teachers before the year starts. We recognize that there may be some excitement as well as some anxiety about returning to school…and our goal is to mitigate that the best that we can by hosting this event early and reconnecting with you and your children. We are creating plans to bring families and students in for a supply drop off and mini parent information session. We will be splitting families into time slots by last names to reduce the number of people in the building at one time. More information about that event will be coming out soon.
- We will not be hosting a separate Kindergarten Picnic Event this year.
- If you would like a school supplies list…it is located on our O’Dea website.
- If you do not know your child’s teacher placement for next year you may call the front office at 970.488.4450 and we can assist you with that.
I am back in the office and here to support you the best that I can. Please reach out with any questions that you may have, and I will do my best to answer them or find the answer for you. The countdown has started…our students return to us in twenty-three days…and we are working hard to create the most amazing environment for them to return to…kinda feels like Christmas Eve for me…I am just THAT excited to see them.
Much love and support,