Good afternoon O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary families! Yesterday the district sent a school opening update that noted that we are opening in a masked setting…to many of us…it was not a surprise. Are we disappointed? Yes. Are we thankful that we still get to open in person? Yes…yes…yes.
At this point in time…these are a few new updates:
- Students and staff will wear masks while inside the building. We are not required to wear them outside and we are not cohorting students during recess times so they can play with their peers.
- We are eating in our lunchroom.
- We will be hosting lunch first and then recess this year so that students can wash their hands before they come to the cafeteria to eat and then after when they come in from recess in the classrooms.
- We are requesting that families not arrive or send students to school early as there will not be play time before school. Please arrive on campus as close to 8:50 as possible. Our first bell rings at 8:55 and we dismiss at 3:38. Being on time for pick up is essential as well as students should not be reentering the building after the bell rings.
- Our goal is to get to three feet between students in our classrooms…we will do our best, yet it may be tricky in some classrooms due to class size.
- Our Back To School Gathering will still be on Thursday, August 12th from 5:30 – 7:00. The district has requested that we split into thirds so we will be scheduling families by last names: (except for kindergarten who will be grouping by their staggered start days)
- A – G 5:30 – 6:00
- H – M 6:00 – 6:30
- N – Z 6:30 – 7:00
- Please locate the exterior door that is connected to or closest to your child’s classroom…that will be your entrance.
- Please feel free to bring your child’s school supplies on this evening. This is an opportunity to drop them off at your child’s desk early before school starts.
- We encourage our students to attend with parents.
- There is always wiggle room for families who need to get in during a certain block…yet we are hoping to stay as close to the breakout as possible.
I want you to know…that we are persistent and that we got this the best that we can. We are working relentlessly to prepare for your children…because we love our work. We understand that our job raising great humans is more important than ever…it is just that simple. Please reach out with any questions or thoughts along the way…we are here to help.
Much love and support,