Happy Friday O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary families! It has simply been an amazing week with our students returning…filling our classrooms with their laughter…smiles…love and learning. The energy was happy and positive, and everyone was grateful to be together again.
We are starting to send home some different types of information with families this week. Please be sure to check your students backpack each day for information sent home from your child’s teacher and our site. I do try to send most information home via email…yet some is sent home in a paper format as well.
We are happy to be able to host a variety of after school enrichment programs again this year…it feels good to be able to bring these opportunities back for our students. We are sending home information for families today and there will be caps to class sizes…so please be sure to review options early.
We have a few office reminders that are important for the start of the school year…they are a quick read…and very important for consistency purposes:
- Please notify us if your student will not be attending school. You can do this by calling the attendance line at 970.488.4451 or you can login to your ParentVue and submit the absence there.
- Please Login to your ParentVue account and review the Student Code of Conduct. You will need to download the document then you will be allowed to digitally sign the document and submit it to the school. When you sign your name, it needs to match what is in our system or it will not be able to be submitted.
- While you are in ParentVue please verify that all your information is correct. This includes your address, phone number, and emergency contacts (if possible…please add two that are not listed as “parent/guardian”).
- Please also remember that we have our AlphaBest before and after school program for families who may need extra care before or after the traditional school day. Information is available on our website.
- If you do have to change plans for how your child is getting home at the end of the day…please call the office prior to 3:00 to let us know. The office gets very busy delivering end of the day messages and we want to make sure that everyone is safe and where they are supposed to be.
- If you do need to pick your child up during the day…we will call them down when you arrive at our front doors.
It has been a very smooth transition back to school and our students are happy to be back with their friends and their teachers. A theme that we are building on this year is the notion of Belonging and it is our goal that every member of our school community from our teachers…students and our parents…know that they have a special place at O’Dea...that they belong here with us. We believe that through meaningful communication…that we can develop the type of connections and relationships that can bring some good into the world…and this is where we begin that work. As Margaret Wheatley notes, “Real listening always brings people closer together. Trust that meaningful conversations can change your world. Rely on human goodness. Stay together.
This is my hope…that we always stay together.
Please reach out with any questions…we are here to help and support you.
Much love and support,