Happy Friday O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary Families! Wow…what a spirited Spirit Week we hosted! It was super fun to see so many students and teachers participate in our fun and wacky days this week…it felt good to have some extra weird fun as we entered into March.
It is hard to believe that we are launching spring break next week…and that it has been almost a year of navigating COVID in our community and schools. It makes me thankful to know that there is a light at the end of our tunnel…and proud that we have remained so strong and resilient as well.
Please remember that next week is only a four-day week with our last day for students being Thursday, March 11th as Friday, March 12th is a Teacher Work Day.
I also wanted to take a moment to let you know what has been going great:
- Our teachers are so happy to have our students back at school.
- Our students are engaged…happy…ready to learn and have adapted with grace.
- Our new systems and flows are running like a well-oiled machine.
- We are adjusting to adjustments with ease.
- Our parents are following our protocols…supporting our teachers and asking great questions.
- There is so much that feels “normal” and we are finding so many benefits to the “new normal” things as well.
…and we are also working on:
- Making sure that students are not arriving on campus before 8:50…especially those that are coming without a parent as we are trying to not cross cohorts in our school setting.
- Making sure that students are here if they are not ill or have any symptoms of illness. Attendance is very critical to help keep the momentum of learning moving forward.
- Remembering that families can play on the playground after school is dismissed and all of the other students have left the campus.
- Beyond those three things…you all…are doing AMAZING.
As we enter into spring…I hope that we are all able to see the newness that it brings…continue to find the good and grace in people…and that we can all continue to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
As always…reach out with questions…or if you need assistance…we are here to help.
Much love and support,