Good afternoon O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary families! It was so wonderful to see so many families last night at our Back to School Gathering…to hear the laughter…the great questions…and to see the connections starting to form again with our school community.
We will be launching our school year in three short days…and we are ready. Our teachers have been working all week to prepare their classrooms and have been hosting meaningful conversations about what teaching and learning will look like this year. We are always challenging ourselves to improve in some area of our work…and are always growing in our practice. I am proud of the team that we have assembled to greet your children…they are a pretty amazing group of people who are passionate about our work raising great humans.
A few reminders for families are:
- Our doors will open for breakfast at 8:40. If your child is having breakfast, please drop them off at this time.
- If your child is not having breakfast, please have them arrive at 8:50. We are working to limit the schoolwide free play time before and after school and will not have supervision for students until 8:50.
- Please be sure to pick up your child promptly at the end of the school day. (3:38) Students will not be able to reenter the building after school.
- Please be sure your child has a mask for school as they will be required to wear it while indoors.
- Please be sure to keep your child home if they have any symptoms that may be related to COVID. We will be monitoring student health closely to keep our school community safe and healthy.
- We will not be hosting any school volunteers or bringing in any after school clubs at the beginning of the year. We will monitor how things go and revisit this thinking later in the fall. We will keep you in the loop along the way.
Please know that any new requirements or protocols that we put into place are to help keep our schools safe…and open for in person learning. We appreciate your support and positive energy as we enter into this school year with full hearts…clean hands and open minds.
Please reach out if you need anything…we are here to help…and we simply cannot wait for our children to be with us again.
Much love and support,