Good afternoon O’Dea Core Knowledge Elementary families! It has been a busy week at school learning…laughing…making new friends…watching Mr. Joyal work on the rooftop…singing along with Elsa during lunch…and having some special host teachers in our building today. Mr. Joyal is scheduled for his jump on Saturday, and he will film it for us to share with our students next week. It has been an exciting fundraising season for us…thank you again for all of your support!
On a Halloween festivities note…we will be hosting Halloween parties and a parade in a smaller and modified format. Here are a few details:
- Our Halloween Parade will be outside and is weather dependent…families will be able to watch from the inside of the field area in a designated location…we will be creating a map and a path…next Friday looks dry and in the low 60s…so far so good.
- No bloody costumes or gore please.
- Masks must be worn under masks and when inside.
- When students are outside, they can take their masks off.
- Parade will start at 2:30ish (map and directions coming soon).
- Classroom parties are short and sweet starting around 3:00ish.
- Prepackaged food only – no self-serve.
- Parents are not to enter the building for the parties or to help get their child dressed…students should be able to independently get themselves ready the best they can…if their costume requires makeup…they can wear simple makeup to school as long as it does not distract their learning.
We are striking the balance of a traditional celebration…coupled with keeping our school community safe…and open. There have been a few sites in our district that are either having classrooms go remote for two weeks…or are in pre outbreak/outbreak status…our goal…is to stay away from that…yet to still provide some time to be together and celebrate as well. I appreciate your support…flexibility and patience with all of the decisions that are in front of us.
Our Specialists have been busy running some great programming for your children. I am attaching their newsletter here: Block #3 Specials Newsletter.pdf
Our next dinner night out is coming up on Thursday, October 28th…it would be a great night to take a break from making dinner and head to the Garlic Knot! See our flyer attached here: ODeaGarlicKnotFlyer.pdf
…and last but not least, our O'Dea PTA would like your feedback on the best ways to support our school with the money raised by the Feather Flurry Fun Run. Please respond to this seven-question survey https://forms.gle/YvYJScWvRdaq3HbC9 by October 29th. Members of PTA will vote on how to spend these funds at our upcoming meeting at 6 pm on Monday, November 8th.
…and wrapping it up…I want you to know that overall…we are simply doing great. Our teachers are staying inspired…collaborating…and working to provide the very best education and experience for your child. We are staying healthy and working hard to stay open to in person learning. It has not always been easy…yet…it is always possible to find folks that feel like sunshine…and to surround ourselves with them to keep the love and the positive energy going. Thank you for being a part of our school community and that great energy as well…we cannot do this without you.
Happy weekending and much love,