Weekly Owl Update,
We had a great week at O’Dea!! We had a fantastic Book Fair and amazing spirit days! Thanks to all the families that attended Breakfast with Books on Tuesday/Thursday. Special thanks to PTA and PTA Volunteers for providing breakfast and helping with the Book Fair all week!
Our O'Dea or at pickup/drop-off (she's the one with the little black puppy, Yukon) if you would like to know more. It is imperative that we fill this position on the Board, and elections will be held on at our next meeting March 18th @ 6:00 is in need of a Secretary of the Board next school year. A summary of the roles and responsibilities is included below, but feel free to reach out to the current Secretary, Julie Reeves, at
If you are interested in helping our school and being part of a non-profit, this is the job for you!
Estimated time commitment (not including Board meetings)~1-2hrs/week on average
● Take minutes at each meeting & type them up, sending to members for review and approval.
● Check the email account regularly and respond as needed.
● Lead on Mini-Grant Process and coordinate with the main office on purchases.
● Work with Communication Coordinator to compile a wish list for the teachers and communicate wish list with families
● Keep the google drive and website updated.
24/25 Staffing Plan has been finalized 😊! Thanks to all the parent input from Parent SAC Team, Principal Coffee Talks, and PTA! We worked to understand O’Dea needs from parents and staff this last month and have developed a plan that will optimize our resources and provide amazing teaching and learning for all O’Dea students. We will be maintaining current staffing levels, keeping 4th track of current 2nd grade (next year 3rd), adding a 4th track of current 4th grade (next year 5th), adding a 3rd intervention position, and adding an instructional para (TBD on placement).
Spring CMAS (Colorado Measures of Academic Success) is coming up for 3rd thru 5th grade students (April). This is an incredibly valuable assessment that informs us on student learning, instruction, and how we are doing as a school.
PSD Long Range Planning (Community Input Sessions) PSD is looking at how to navigate changing demographics and declining birthrates. PSD Facilities Planning Steering Committee is charged with optimizing PSD services to support the community. They specifically are exploring modification to school attendance areas, including consolidation of schools, buildings in which PSD should not invest more capital dollars, and the placement of educational programs. A series of listening sessions will be held in March and April 2024. These are opportunities for members of the public, including staff, families, students, and community members, to provide feedback on the scenarios that the PSD Facilities Planning Steering Committee is developing.
- 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monday, March 18, at the PSD Information Technology Center at the Johannsen Support Services Complex, 2407 Laporte Ave., Fort Collins
- 6-8 p.m. Monday, March 18, at Rocky Mountain High School, 1300 W. Swallow Road, Fort Collins
- 4:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesday, March 19, at Lincoln Middle School, 1600 W. Lancer Drive, Fort Collins
- 7:30-8:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 20, at Timnath Middle-High School, 4700 E. Prospect Road, Timnath
- 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, March 20, at Fort Collins High School, 3400 Lambkin Way, Fort Collins
- 6-7 p.m., Wednesday, March 27, online listening session (Link will be provided closer to event date)
- 6-8 p.m. Thursday, April 4, at the Future Ready Center, Suite 510 in the Foothills Mall, 215 E Foothills Parkway, Fort Collins. This session is for participants whose primary languages are Spanish and Arabic
Have a wonderful weekend!
3/11-3/15 Spring Break!!!